Qualified professionals to assist our client’s customers with their medical accounts. In this role you will work with a hospital’s or physician group’s central business office in order to assist patients with billing statements and taking payment over the phone. Responsible for negotiating payment arrangements, collecting insurance information, and explaining billing, insurance processed and why there is an amount due.
- Initiates proactive measures that result in account resolution.
- Responds timely and accurately to all incoming correspondence and inquiries from insurance companies, and other appropriate parties.
- Initiates contact with patient, as necessary.
- Initiates recommendations and action plans for resolving accounts.
- Responds to all phone calls in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Documents appropriate notes in system for every account, including any action taken.
- Appropriate follow up and systems processes following MedCycle guidelines.
- Reviews EOB’s to ensure that appropriate steps are taken in resolving accounts.
- Be proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Detail oriented and able to research accounts to bring it to an appropriate account resolution.
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology and a basic understanding of insurance processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information is provided.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A medical background with experience in patient financial services is preferred.
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred.