Qualified professionals to assist in with insurance follow up activity. In this role you will be working with a hospital’s central business office assisting with their outstanding insurance balances reviewing payer balances, contracts and EOB’s for appropriate resolution.
- Initiates proactive measures that result in account resolution.
- Responds timely and accurately to all incoming correspondence and inquiries from insurance companies, and other appropriate parties.
- Initiates contact with patient, as necessary.
- Initiates recommendations and action plans for resolving accounts.
- Responds to all phone calls in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Writes appropriate notes in system for every account, including any action taken.
- Reviews EOB’s to ensure that appropriate steps are taken in resolving accounts.
- Proper follow up and systems actions as required per MedCycle guidelines.
- Additional Duties As Assigned by Management.
- Be proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented and able to research accounts to bring it to an appropriate account resolution.
- Knowledgeable of Medical Terminology and a basic understanding of insurance processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information is provided
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A medical background with experience in patient financial services is preferred.
- Previous insurance billing and/or follow up preferred